Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Second Chance

Many of us always utter the words I wish I Had a Second Chance, Maybe we do get it; or we think we did. Today I look at my life and I know I have been given it, with marriage of my wife Annielie from the Philippines, the surviving the heart attacks and the open heart surgery was the start to my second chance. Now I want to say the greatest second chance as it came with the news we are going to have a son due in November 2010. Many do not know our son is not my first, he is going to be my second, actually my third I have twin daughters 30 years ago in 1980. I did not get to do much of the raising of them after catching my ex-wife running around cheating on me, she convenience the courts she was better then me. Then moved away from me so I was not able to be in their lives much, unable to be part of their lives the way I wanted, to give them parts of me for their lives to live. Now God has blessed me with a second chance of a child to raise, to share with him parts of me, the love, the tradition, the values the worldly knowledge and skills that I have along with Annielie parts to make him a full and whole man some day. With each passing day I watch my wife grow with this pregnancy, feel the movements inside her the small bumps that show from the interior of her and dream of what he will looks like and pray I can be all I can be for him to give him what is need to face the future. I pray with this second that I can be here long enough in his life to see him become a man to maybe even see his wife and my grand child from him all with Gods help, guidance, and blessing because you see second chances are rare and only come once in a while and should not be wasted. What a great second chance Thank you  GOD and as each day goes by help me to be all I can today each day. God Bless

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment